When You’re Expecting, You can Count on Us to Deliver.
There’s not a more exciting time than the anticipation of your precious new baby. Whether this is your first pregnancy, or your fifth, it’s a breathtaking experience – and we want to help make it smooth, healthy and memorable for you and your family.
St. Luke’s Hospital has developed an exceptional maternity program that includes a state-of-the-art Family Birthing Center, educational classes, and a caring, experienced nursing team that works closely with physicians and midwives. And we’re all about giving you the kind of childbirth experience you want, along with high quality, expert, personalized care.
You’ll feel safe – and at home – in our Family Birthing Center.
Your entire stay at the Center will be in one of our 8 Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum (LDRP) suites or 5 private patient rooms. While comfortable and warm, our LDRP rooms are equipped with the latest medical technology.
Our LDRP suites are designed with the complete comfort and safety of you and your baby in mind. We’ve created beautiful suites that feel like home and perform like a hospital room.
Our beautiful LDRP suites offer many comforts for new moms, including:
- Flat screen televisions
- Water-therapy tubs
- Sofa bed for family and friends
- Fast & friendly room service, offering a wide variety of menu selections
Our family-friendly waiting area includes a play center for children, televisions and comfortable seating.
Before your stay is over, we’ll arrange a special dinner for you and your partner so you can enjoy a relaxing evening before you go home with your baby. We’ll even provide a personalized baby blanket for your new addition.
Complete services for both mother and baby.
- Exceptional care for low-risk deliveries, postpartum and newborns
- 24/7 OB provider coverage to respond to OB emergencies and care for patients until their own provider arrives
- Anesthesiologists available 24 hours a day
- Neonatologist support available during and after delivery
- Cesarean suite for surgical deliveries
- Our nurses are trained for specific areas of the birthing process, including labor, delivery and post-partum recovery
- Our secure newborn nursery is available 24 hours a day
- Lactation and breastfeeding consultation and support while you are in the hospital
- Breast pumps are available for use on the unit
- Newborn photography service available
Father, significant other, siblings and grandparents may visit anytime – per the mother’s wishes.
Other visitors: 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Children younger than 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Family education. All part of the plan.
Pregnancy brings many changes to your body, and adding a new baby to your family will also bring changes. At St. Luke’s, we want you to feel empowered and prepared for the birth of your child. That’s why we offer Maternity and Family Education Classes, designed to help you know what to expect, and get ready for the arrival of your baby.
For your convenience, classes are offered primarily in the evening. Our teachers are experienced, knowledgeable, and certified maternity instructors. Class size is limited, so please register early in your pregnancy.
This four-week course. With the help of a certified childbirth educator, you’ll learn the signs of labor and develop coping skills for labor and delivery. You’ll also learn about Cesarean birth, recovery, baby care and parenting. Includes a tour of our birthing center.
($75 fee that includes breastfeeding class information.)
This two-hour class reviews the benefits of breastfeeding for both Mom and baby. You’ll discuss myths and common concerns as well as tips for success, and information about breast pumps for working moms who breastfeed. Dads are encouraged to attend!