Please find information below about benefits available to residents in our program. We offer competitive salaries and allowances for educational conferences.
First-, Second- and Third-Year residents: 20 working days each academic year
Personal Education Allowance
A total of $3,700 is provided as a personal education allowance, which can be used throughout the three-year residency. These funds can be used at the discretion of the resident (e.g. conferences, on-line CMEs, podcasts, travel, text books, point of care reference materials)
15 Working days and $3,700 are permitted over a three-year period of time for educational conferences. In addition, residents are sponsored at several national and regional conferences.
Board exam costs are covered through miscellaneous benefits.
A meal ticket is provided for in-house call nights and extended shifts and three meal tickets for your spouse to use while working inpatient service.
Liability/Malpractice insurance – provided at no cost.
Health and Prescription – The program offers several options for medical insurance under the hospital’s flexible benefits program. St. Luke’s promotes a smoke-free environment for all new employees and requires a flu shot annually.
Dental, Disability and Vision Coverage – The Program offers several options under the hospital’s flexible benefits program.
Life – A base plan is provided at no cost. Additional benefits may be purchased up to two times salary.
In accordance with hospital policy, an allowance up to $1,000 is available for relocations within the continental United States.
In addition, our residents also receive the following benefits:
- Cash Balance Retirement, 401(k) and 403(b) plans
- Ohio State Licensure (training and unrestricted licenses)
- Federal Credentialing Verification Services Fees
- White coats and laundering
- Free parking
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, and ALSO training
- On-site Employee Assistance Program
- Free use of on-site fitness center
- Allopathic and osteopathic family medicine board exam; COMLEX or USMLE – Step 3 Exam
- Various hospital-affiliated discounts