One Family Birthing Center. Everything You Need.
When You’re Expecting, You can Count on Us to Deliver.
Whether this is your first pregnancy, or your fifth, the process of pregnancy and childbirth is a breathtaking experience. At St. Luke’s Hospital, our entire Family Birthing Center is devoted to delivering a smooth, healthy and memorable pregnancy and childbirth experience for you and your family.
We’ve invested in creating the most comfortable, medically advanced, family-friendly Family Birthing Center possible.
We offer educational classes, pre- and post-natal care, and a caring, experienced nursing team that works closely with physicians and midwives. Everything we do is focused on delivering the kind of childbirth experience you want, including quality, expert, personalized care.
Safe and Sound in Our Family Birthing Center
Your entire stay at the Center will be in one of our 20 Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum (LDRP) suites. While comfortable and warm, they are equipped with the latest medical technology.
Our recently renovated LDRP suites are designed with the complete comfort and safety of you and your baby in mind. We’ve created beautiful suites that feel like home and perform like a hospital room.
Our beautiful LDRP suites offer many comforts for moms, including:
- Flat screen televisions
- CD players
- Whirlpool tubs
- Sofa bed for family and friends
- Fast & friendly room service, offering a wide variety of menu selections
Our family-friendly waiting area includes a play center for children, televisions and comfortable seating.
Before your stay is over, we’ll arrange a special dinner for you and your partner, so you can enjoy a relaxing evening before you go home with your baby. We’ll even provide a personalized baby blanket for your new addition.
Complete Services for Both Mother and Baby
- Exceptional care for both low-risk pregnancies, deliveries, postpartum and newborns
- 24/7 OB physician coverage to respond to OB emergencies and care for patients until their own provider arrives
- Anesthesiologists available 24 hours a day
- Neonatologist support available during and after delivery
- Cesarean suite for surgical deliveries
- Dedicated Maternity Triage & Treatment unit for pregnant women experiencing complications or early labor
- State-of-the-art NICU staffed with professionals who know how to love and care for even the most vulnerable patients
- 24-hour Wellbaby Nursery
- Our nurses are trained for specific areas of the birthing process, including labor, delivery and post-partum recovery
- Our secure newborn nursery is available 24 hours a day
- Lactation and breastfeeding consultation and support while you are in the hospital
- Breast pumps for sale or rent – we recommend that you ask your insurance provider if they are covered
- Newborn photography service available
Family Education: All Part of the Plan
Pregnancy brings many changes to your body, and adding a new baby to your family will also bring changes. At St. Luke’s, we want you to feel empowered and prepared for the birth of your child. That’s why we offer Maternity and Family Education Classes, designed to help you know what to expect, and get ready for the arrival of your baby.
For your convenience, classes are offered primarily in the evening. Our teachers are experienced, knowledgeable, and certified maternity instructors. Download the registration form (PDF). Class size is limited, so please register early in your pregnancy.
This four-week course. With the help of a certified childbirth educator, you’ll learn the signs of labor and develop coping skills for labor and delivery. You’ll also learn about Cesarean birth, recovery, baby care and parenting. Includes a tour of our birthing center.
($75 fee that includes breastfeeding class information.)
This two-hour class reviews the benefits of breastfeeding for both Mom and baby. You’ll discuss myths and common concerns as well as tips for success, and information about breast pumps for working moms who breastfeed. Dads are encouraged to attend!
($15 per couple. No charge, when taken with Childbirth Education class).
Pre-Register for Quicker Check-in
To make your check-in process go faster when it’s time to deliver your baby, you can pre-register for your stay at St. Luke’s Family Birthing Center. Call 419.897.8450.
At St. Luke’s Family Birthing Center, we’re here to help you safely experience one of the most exciting and memorable events of your life. All in one Family Birthing Center that offers everything you need.